Position Title: Assistant Director
Employment Type: Full Time
Employer: Virgin Islands University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (VIUCEDD)
Location: University of the Virgin Islands-St. Thomas Campus
Pay Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Closing Date: Until Filled
Applicants must exhibit excellent written oral and interpersonal communication skills.
The successful applicant must have a Masters degree in Special Education, Disability Studies,
Social Work or Interdisciplinary Education. Ph.D. or Ed.D. is preferred.
Type of Work:
The Virgin Islands University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (VIUCEDD) of the University of the Virgin Islands is looking for a dedicated and experienced individual to serve as an Assistant Director of VIUCEDD on St. Thomas. The VIUCEDD is a federally funded program which is multidisciplinary in nature that provides training, research, information dissemination and community support services.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for the following:
*Assist the Executive Director in the day-to day operation of VIUCEDD
*Participates as a member of the management team and chairs meetings in the absence of the Executive Director and Senior Assistant Director
* Plans, writes, and manages grants from various funding sources
* Provides leadership on community projects, territorial boards and committees representing the VIUCEDD
* Plans, conducts, evaluates and presents research, evaluation and training projects as outlined in the VIUCEDD five-year plan
* Provides consultation and advice as needed to VIUCEDD program managers and staff, as well as to UVI faculty and professional staff
* Provides technical assistance training and support in community-based programs, workshops, conferences, and strategic planning sessions
* Participates in recruitment, orientation, and direct implementation of VIUCEDD sponsored activities
* Collaborates and coordinates major advocacy conferences and seminars in keeping with the five year plan of work
* Conducts specials projects and research as assigned by the Executive Director.
In addition, familiarity with UCEDD programs in a multicultural community and demonstrated administrative experience in the coordination of grants from multiple funding sources is desirable but not required.
Additional Notes: This position is a twelve-month appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
How to Apply: Send a letter of application, resume, official college transcript and three letters of recommendations to:
Dr. Yegin Habtes.
VIUCEDD, University of the Virgin Islands, #2 John Brewers Bay,
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, V.I. 00802-9990.